Frequently Asked Questions

Helping you find the perfect home

Before you start searching for your new home it’s a good idea to write down a budget. What are your current outgoings and what money do you have left each month to spend on rent? Take into account that, when you first move in, you will need to front a deposit as well as the first month’s rent and tenancy set up fees.

If you haven’t already, make sure you go and view the property. If it’s a house-share, meet all the people you’ll be moving in with. The letting agent will ask you to sign a Tenancy Fee Declaration form which lists the services they will provide and the fees expected from you. The agent will then begin the referencing process to ensure you’re in a position to rent the property.

Once you have found a property you are interested in, please contact us via email or the online form to arrange a viewing. You can also call us on 020 7101 3737 or 07753 469 489.

We will liaise between you and the Landlord to find a mutually convenient date and time. We will, whenever possible, accompany a viewing so you don’t have to worry about meeting the Landlord alone and so we can answer any questions you may have.

This will vary depending on your requirements but if you are looking to move in a hurry, our agents will do everything possible to find and agree you a suitable property quickly.

Your admin fee will cover a number of different items, from drawing up your tenancy agreement, processing your references plus securing your deposit in a Government approved scheme. Please click here to view the complete breakdown of the Tenancy fees that we charge.

Yes, your Landlord will require a security deposit in case you fail to pay your rent and to ensure that any damages that occur during your tenancy are covered. We will also require a holding deposit to ensure that a property will be reserved for you. This can be used against the security deposit/first month’s rent.

Yes. We will put your deposit into an independent Government Approved scheme designed to protect your deposit. This is a legal requirement by all Landlords.

This is a list of every item contained within a property and its condition. It is advisable for tenants to check each item on the list before signing any contracts and often people take photographic evidence to give extra protection and avoid unnecessary disagreement further down the line. The inventory will be key in determining how much of your deposit you retain at the end of a tenancy.

Landlords will typically schedule regular quarterly checks to assess the condition of the property and the items contained.

When you leave the property, you will have the option to run through the inventory checklist. If any damage to items has occurred since the beginning of your tenancy, then you will need to agree repair costs or replacements.

You should have no problem retaining your full deposit if you are up to date with your rent and your Landlord is satisfied with the condition of your property.

If any problems arise during your tenancy, you can contact Brampton Real Estate if we are also managing the property. If not, you will have contact details for your Landlord who will deal with all matters directly.

A minimum tenancy agreement is for a 12 month period. You can request to have a 6 month break clause added which must be agreed by the Landlord.

Referencing is nothing to worry about. Tenants applying to rent need to give details of their employer and income, their previous address, and some bank account details. These will be checked to ensure they are able to commit to monthly rental payments.

The landlord needs to be sure that that their tenant won’t have any problems paying the rent on a monthly basis and that the tenant will take good care of their property.

As part of the referencing process we need to be sure a tenant is who they say they are. We will require a proof of residency (such as a utility or council tax bill from the last 3 months) and proof of ID (such as a passport or driving licence).

In some circumstances, a tenant may not be approved immediately via referencing. Obvious examples are students without a regular income, or someone leaving their family home for the first time with no renting history. This is not uncommon, and there are still options for tenants in this position. They could pay the rent for the full term up front, or seek out a guarantor.

If a tenant is not fully approved by the referencing process, they can ask a guarantor to support them. A guarantor (usually a parent or guardian) will agree to take joint responsibility for the rent for the property if the tenant fails to. Guarantors are required to pay any rent arrears (if the tenant does not pay) and for any damages costing more than the deposit.

On occasions, we may ask for a guarantor as your earnings may not be considered enough to pay the rent, or you may not achieve the appropriate rating set by the Referencing Agency. We will explain all of the details to you, but rest assured this is not an uncommon request.


Recent Properties

Some of our properties on the market

  • Hillcrest Avenue, Edgware, HA8
    For Sale
    £1,300,000 Offers Over

    Hillcrest Avenue, Edgware, HA8

    7 Bed 3 Bath 3 Recep
  • Raffles House, Brampton Grove, Hendon, NW4
    To Let
    £1,900 pcm

    Raffles House, Brampton Grove, Hendon, NW4

    2 Bed 1 Bath 1 Recep
  • Danescroft Gardens, Hendon, NW4
    To Let
    £6,500 pcm

    Danescroft Gardens, Hendon, NW4

  • Canons Drive, Edgware, Ha8
    For Sale

    Canons Drive, Edgware, Ha8

    3 Bed 2 Bath 2 Recep